Ruins of the Cold Mountain Temple
site associated with Go-un Choi Chi-won
in the Bingsan Gyegok Valley Park
|Just north of the pagoda, a simple wooden pavilion now offers rest to tourists upon the old stone
foundations of the main hall of Bingsan-sa -- whose buildings were ordered to be destroyed by infamous
Joseon King Taejong in 1406, as part of his nationwide suppression of Buddhism; they never were rebuilt.
|Just behind-right of the main-hall foundation-ruins are a few
more punghyeol mini-caves with cool air flowing out of them.